Biscotti is usually a twice cooked biscuit but this is my version of them and they are simply delicious and so easy to make.
Crispy, crunchy and a little chewy, these almond biscotti are lovely with a steaming cup of coffee.
Makes 35 Biscotti
- 6 (800g) eggs – separated
- 600g castor sugar
- 1kg almond meal
- 1 cup (sifted) Icing sugar for dusting
- 35 whole almonds (Husk on)
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl with a whisk, add sugar and whisk again until well combined
- Add almond meal and again mix until combined with a wooden spoon
- In another bowl, beat the eggwhites until soft peak and fold them into the almond mixture 1/3rd at a time
- Cover and rest the mixture overnight in the fridge
- Roll into 60g balls, then roll them in the sifted icing sugar, place on a tray and press a whole almond into the top of the biscuit dough
- Bake for 15 minutes at 160 degrees