- 1 side of ocean trout cleaned and boned with the skin left on (ask your local fish monger to do this for you)
- 1 cup teddy and the fox gin
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sheets nori
- 1/4 cup yuzu
- Place all ingredients except for the trout in the blender for 20 seconds and make a slurry.
- Pour half of the slurry into a long deep tray (if your fridge or tray is not long enough you can cut the trout in half).
- Place the trout flesh side down onto the slurry.
- Now cover the trout with the remaining mix and place a board or plate on top to add a bit pressure.
- Wrap and cover the tray and place in the fridge for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours uncover the trout and rinse heavily under cool water for about 3 minutes.
- Now your trout is ready to go!
- Using a sharp knife run your knife between where the skin and the flesh meet and remove the skin.
- Now slice your trout nice and thin or to your desired thickness.
Best served on pikelets or crumpets with crème fraiche and salmon roe.